Nobody like it if it rains on you when you’re on vacation. People especially don’t like it if you’re at the beach or other outdoor vacation destination. While you could stay indoors and wait it out, enjoying all the amenities one of our Myrtle Beach condo rentals can provide you, there surely are lots more that you can do to make your vacation all that it can be. Check out our list of things to do in Myrtle Beach when it rains for ideas!
1. First and foremost, check the weather channel on TV or weather.com online to see how long the rain is forecasted to last.
2. Take a trip to a local drug store or beach shop and pick up some umbrellas at the very least, rain gear at most.
3. The ocean is exciting when a storm is coming. Take a walk on the beach with your umbrella.
4. Go to an indoor movie theatre.
5. Go out for lunch to a pizza house.
6. Go see “One. The show” at Alabama Theatre.
7. Visit Broadway at the Beach to see Legends in Concert.
8. Think about how lucky you are you’re staying in one of our Myrtle Beach condo rentals and are not out camping.
9. Check out The Palace Theatre, home of Le Grand Cirque Adrenaline.
10. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium.
11. Take the family bowling!
12. Visit a bookstore to browse, then purchase a really good book.
13. Kick back indoors and read that really good book you just bought.
14. Power walk through one of the local malls for exercise.
15. Take a drive down the coast and visit the specialty shops along the way.
16. Drive to Calabash and experience first hand what Calabash Seafood is all about.
17. Visit the Franklin G. Burroughs – Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum at 3100 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach.
18. Take in a dinner theatre show at 920 Lake Arrowhead Road Myrtle Beach. The Marvelous Wonderettes is an off Broadway hit that takes you back to 1958.
19. Stop by the awesome gaming center, MagiQuest, at 1185 Celebrity Circle Myrtle Beach.
20. For indoor/outdoor miniature golf, check out Cancun Lagoon Miniature Golf.
21. Don’t miss Medieval Times, a dinner theatre based on, you guessed it – medieval times. Located at 2904 Fantasy Way Myrtle Beach.
22. Take in your first IMAX 3D theatre in Myrtle Beach.
23. Go shopping at one of our three enclosed malls at Myrtle Beach Grand, Inlet Square, or Briarcliffe.
24. Try your hand in the Garden City Pavilion Arcade, a gaming arcade in Myrtle Beach designed in art deco.
25. Take the kids to WonderWorks – an amusement park for the mind with over 100 hands-on exhibits.
This list should keep you busy at least for a day or so. Check back for the second half of our Top 50 List. Remember, when you stay in our Myrtle Beach condo rentals there’s always plenty of on-site amenities to keep you busy.