On Saturday, August 10, 2019, The Emerald Coast Foundation will be holding the original Emerald Coast Poke Run, fondly called, “The Big One!” This Destin poker run is one of the largest and most popular charity Poker runs in the USA.
What is a Poker Run?
Do you know what a poker run is? It is an organized event in which participants, using different forms of transportation, such as motorcycles, boats, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, horses, or on foot, must visit 5 to 7 checkpoints, drawing a card at each stop. Typically, Poker runs end with a party where the participants play their cards (hand) they acquired and the rider with the best hand is the winner. Then the proceeds benefit a charity.
For 25 years, powerboats, fishing boats, pleasure boats, and all in between, have filled the beautiful waterways in and around Destin, Florida, for The Emerald Coast Poker Run which rounds out the end of Emerald Coast Boat Week. Boat Week kicks off on August 7th with an array of different events from Wednesday through Saturday night. If you are familiar with Poker runs, this is like none you’ll see anywhere else! 2019 Boat Week will definitely be a week of excitement, boating, fun and helping kids.
Emerald Poker Run Host
Hosted by The Emerald Coast Foundation (ECF), they proudly highlight on their website that all proceeds from Emerald Coast Boat Week and Poker Run benefit Children’s Charities of the Emerald Coast Foundation. This event was started to help the youth of our local area have a chance at a brighter future. “Without the ECF, these kids would go without, and that is not acceptable to us.” They continue to mention, “As of Boat Week last year, the Emerald Coast Foundation has raised over $2.5 million dollars for our local kids in need. What an impact! This is a volunteer run event. There are no paid employees. Every penny goes to the kids. We do it out of love and dedication to our community and our kids.” The Emerald Coast Foundation is the only not-for-profit organization that puts forth such effort, for the sole purpose of expanding its charitable reward and helping our most precious resource: the children of our community.
Give and Receive
By your entry fee you will be donating to the Emerald Coast Foundation’s cause of helping kids in the community. All entrants receive lots of awesome swag/goodies. But that’s not all…each registrant will also receive the following:
- Weekend getaway for 2 at IP Casino Resort in Biloxi
- Entry for 2 into all boat week parties
- 2 event t-shirts
- The famous Emerald Coast Foundation poker run cooler bag
- A chance to have the winning hand
- Win the best prizes of any poker run around!
Boat Week Events 8/7/19 – 8/10/19
- Wednesday – August 7: Blues, Brews, and BBQ Party at 6pm is the official kickoff party at AJ’s on the Bayou!
- Thursday – August 8: is the sponsor party from 5:30 PM to 7 PM at Floyd’s Shrimp House
- Thursday – August 8: Miss Boat Week Bikini Contest 8 PM at The Block Fort Walton Beach
- Friday – August 9: Enjoy the Rockin’ the Docks Captains Party located at AJ’s Destin from 7 PM – 10 PM
- Saturday – August 10: “The Big One”! The 27th Annual Emerald Coast Poker Run 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Stops are open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.. Then finish it all out with The Emerald Coast Poker Run Party from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. located at the Emerald Coast Convention Center. Enjoy Poker, Black Jack, and silent auction. All you can eat and open bar from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.. VIP tickets available and offer other special privileges.
Emerald Coast Poker Run Accommodations
Tickets to the Captain’s Party and the Poker Run Party can be bought separately, so you don’t need a boat to join the fun. But another idea is to rent a boat or jet ski to include every detail. There are so many other things to do in Destin, so let our experienced Destin travel experts help you make the best of memories for you and your friends or family. Browse condos in Destin Florida and book your next stay with Condo-World!