Hilton Head Island is an international vacation spot for the wealthy, families and couples. The beauty and temperate climate of the island is world-renown. People fall in love here. Many a marriage proposal has happened along its shores. A dream vacation in many respects, Hilton Head and it nearby islands have plenty of family friendly and special events throughout the year.
One of the most anticipated is a ferry ride away on Daufuskie Island at Haig Point. Vibes and Tides is one of the newest and it’s offers an all-inclusive day weekend — from October 18 to October 20, 2019, get wined, dined and entertained — island style.
The 2019 Vibes and Tides
Despite it’s rather pricey ticket prices, the event sells out quickly. This year’s event will feature some of the world’s and the Lowcounrty’s most renowned chefs, including:
- Alexander Smalls — James Beard Foundation, award-winning chef/author and Grammy Award & Tony Award-winning opera singer.
- Mashama Bailey – James Beard Foundation’s 2019 Best Chef Southeast Executive Chef/Partner, The Grey in Savannah, Georgia.
- Roosevelt Brownlee – a chef who cooked on the front lines of Vietnam then headed to Sweden and Switzerland to cook for jazz groups all over Europe. He lives in Savannah.
- Benjamin Dennis – Gullah Geechee Culinary artist born and raised in Charleston. He brings his Lowcountry knowledge and expertise to his cooking. His pop-up diners have been throughout Canada and in the international arena.
- Sallie Ann Robinson – Chef and culinary historian who has appeared as a character in Pat Conroy’s novels. She lived and worked at the William Hilton Inn on Hilton Head and she helped launch the first Daufuskie Island Day in the late 80s. She created the Daufuskie Islandn tours, has served as a personal chef and culinary instructor. She’s been featured on numerous television shows including Food Network.
Vibes and Tides kicks off with a welcome reception on the first day which includes featured cocktails and one-time recipes inspired by the island’s heritage.
Beach Vibes has live music, winemakers, craft brew masters and interactive tastings with local chefs and beverage experts.
The VIP Founding Friends is a tony event where one can taste premium wines. Heaven Blue Dinner on Saturday has celebrity guest chefs and authors. Each guest receives a signed cookbook from Alexander Smalls and Sallie Ann Robinson.
Sunday is the Brunch Before Boat event that will feature southern favorites and culinary stations with live music and plenty of Bloody Marys, Champagne and Mimosas to enjoy before you head back to Hilton Head.
Should you wish to add on an event such as Daufuskie by Horseback, the May River Ecology Boat Tour or an artisan experience at Daufuskie Blues, you can for an additional fee on Saturday, October 19.
Where to Stay
Whether you go all-out and take in Vibes and Tides for the entire weekend or attend one event, you can ferry back to your luxury condo on Hilton Head Island. Condo-World has some of the island best and most beautiful luxury dwellings. Book yours online today!