Visitors and locals gather to celebrate our Independence while giving back to local charities over 4th of July weekend for the 9th Annual Smoke on the Coast BBQ & Fireworks Festival.
Will you be in Destin for the 4th of July? You can kick off your Independence Day holiday with one of the area’s favorite patriotic Destin events—the 9th Annual Smoke on the Coast BBQ and Fireworks Festival! Smoke on the Coast Destin Commons promises to tickle your taste buds on Wednesday, July 3 from 5-10 p.m. with mouth-watering barbecue hot off the grill. And, oh, then one of the largest, spectacular fireworks event of the season will light up the night sky with brilliant color and “wow” right above you!
Through this Destin Commons mall fundraiser, “Coins for a Cause,” approximately 18 area restaurants and barbecue aficionados will fire up their grills to prepare their best dishes, each hoping to win up to $15,000 for this “cause.” You can join in this popular, fun event and feel good about it, too!
Starting at 5 p.m. family entertainment and live music will kick off the day. At 5:30 p.m. “barbecue taste-testers” (that’s you) can enjoy $1 samples and vote for your favorite “People’s Choice” winners and celebrity judges will award Judge’s Pick winners. More than $85,000 in donations will benefit local charities.
Participating barbecue teams and their partner charities include the following:
– Heritage Museum of Northwest Florida is partnering with Cold Creek BBQ
– Dog-Harmony is partnering with Cafe Rico
– Destin Boys & Girls Club of the Emerald Coast is partnering with BIG Red Truck
– Habitat for Humanity ReStore Fort Walton Beach & Crestview is partnering with Hub City Smokehouse and Grill
– Children in Crisis, Inc. Florida is partnering with B&C Fire Safety
– Gulf Coast Council BSA is partnering with Smok’n Scouts BBQ Crew
– Youth Village, Inc. is partnering with Waste Management – Fort Walton Beach, FL
– Air Force Enlisted Village is partnering with The Gulf Restaurant on Okaloosa Island
– Rotary Club of Destin is partnering with Rotary Club of Destin
– Jobs4U, Inc. is partnering with Lillie’s Q
– Food For Thought Outreach Inc is partnering with Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen
– Emerald Coast Science Center is partnering with Bow Tie BBQ and Catering
– Shelter House is partnering with The One and Culinary Pirates
– Opportunity Place, Inc. is partnering with B’s Smoking Barbeque
– Niceville Rotary is partnering with Smokin Hot Wheels
– Junior League of the Emerald Coast is partnering with Buh’s BBQ – Dry Memphis Style Rub and BBQ Sauces
– The Taylor Haugen Foundation is partnering with BrightView
You can bring the entire family for additional fun activities which include face painting for the kiddos and a photo booth where you can pose and take away a memento of the event.
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Family entertainment and live music by Forrest Williams Band
5:30 p.m.: BBQ lovers can enjoy $1 samples from 18 area restaurants and BBQ groups and vote for their favorite as People’s Choice winners.
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.: Heritage Band performance
9:30 p.m.: Independence Day firework extravaganza!
About Destin Commons
Award-winning Destin Commons, featuring over 90 stores and restaurants, is anchored by Bass Pro Shops; Belk; H&M; Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl & Grill; the largest Lush in Florida; and AMC Destin, a 14-screen movie theatre. The outdoor lifestyle center also offers 70,000 square feet of Class A office space, free Wi-Fi access, interactive pop fountain, and the brand new Luckey Climber and children’s play area. Destin Commons is located at the corner of U.S. Hwy. 98 and the Mid Bay Bridge Rd.
Come out and celebrate the 4th of July in Destin, Florida! Condo-World offers vacation rentals at some of the most premier properties on the Emerald Coast. Get condos with incredible gulf-front views and amenities that can’t be beaten. Search our extensive list of condos in Destin Florida!