Myrtle Beach is rolling out the red, white and blue festivals, fireworks, parades and more in all of our Old Glory along the Grand Strand. Even though this year’s most patriotic holiday falls on a Tuesday, it doesn’t mean our list of Myrtle Beach 4th of July 2018 events is lacking in firecrackers or pizazz. Check out what to do and where to stay if you’re planning your vacation here with us!
Salute from the Shore:
This South Carolina Fourth of July tradition features a military flyover that stretches the entire length of the coast from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. To support and salute our armed forces, stand on the beach during the time of your flyover wearing our nation’s patriotic colors or waving flags. For a full schedule, visit www.salutefromtheshore.org
Myrtle Beach 4th of July 2018 Events by Area
North Myrtle Beach Events
- July 4th Fireworks at Barefoot Landing: This popular cluster of 100-plus shops and waterfront restaurants will feature a special fireworks show over the water at 9:30 p.m.
- Cherry Grove Pier Fireworks. For the 21st year, the Cherry Grove Pier will light up the night over the Atlantic with some of the best firework displays around starting at 9:30 p.m. Bring a beach chair and enjoy the show! For more info, visit www.cherrygrovepier.com.
Central Myrtle Beach Events
- 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach: Broadway at the Beach, a hub of shops, restaurants and attractions, is the hot spot to be on the Fourth for live concerts in Celebrity Square, family-friendly entertainment, strolling performers and their infamous fireworks show at 10 p.m. For more info, visit www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
- Second Avenue Pier Fireworks: Stroll along the nationally renowned Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and pick a spot on the boards or on the sand for the fireworks that shoot off the pier at 9:30 p.m. If you get there early enough, you can take a prime seat at the pier’s restaurant or open air bar with dinner and cocktails. For more info, visit www.secondavenuepier.com.
Surfside Beach & Garden City Beach Events
- 4th of July Celebration and Golf Cart Parade, Surfside Beach. The Town of Surfside Beach, known as “The Family Beach,” hosts its daylong holiday celebration that features the annual golf cart parade starting at 2 p.m. along Calhoun Drive behind Willards Fireworks to benefit the Garden City/Murrells Inlet Fire Department, as well as entertainment and fireworks at the Surfside Pier from 6-10 p.m.
- July 4th Boat Parade & Fireworks, Murrells Inlet. This Inlet tradition is nationally renowned and a must-see. The 33rd annual July 4th Boat Parade will start floating at high tide at 4 p.m. from Garden City Point to the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk and south along the docks toward Hot Fish Club. Take a seat anywhere on the Marshwalk or the seawall at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church and expect to get wet. Fireworks light up the sky over the Marshwalk at 10 p.m. For more info, visit www.marshwalk.com.
A Salute to 4th of July Events in Myrtle Beach
Various locations around Garden City and Surfside Beach,
July 4, 2018
July 4, 2018