Myrtle Beach is rolling out the red, white and blue festivals, fireworks, parades and more during these Fourth of July celebrations along the Grand Strand. This year’s patriotic holiday falls on a Sunday, and there’s plenty of fun to be had celebrating at The Beach!
Check out what to do and where to stay if you’re planning your vacation here with us!
Salute from the Shore
This South Carolina Fourth of July tradition features a military flyover that stretches the entire length of the coast starting at 1PM in Cherry Grove heading south.
You can expect Cherry Grove to see the F-16s around 1:00 and the C-17 around 1:05.
You can expect Myrtle Beach to see the F-16s around 1:03 and the C-17 around 1:06.
You can expect Pawleys Island to see the F-16s around 1:06 and the C-17 around 1:14.
To support and salute our armed forces, stand on the beach during the time of your flyover wearing our nation’s patriotic colors or waving flags. For a full schedule, visit www.salutefromtheshore.org
Myrtle Beach 4th of July 2021 Events by Area
North Myrtle Beach Events
- July 4th Fireworks at Barefoot Landing: This popular shopping and entertainment complex will feature a special fireworks show over the water at 10 p.m.
- Cherry Grove Pier Fireworks: The Cherry Grove Pier will light up the night over the Atlantic with some of the best firework displays around starting at 9:30 p.m. Bring a beach chair and enjoy the show! For more info, visit cherrygrovepier.com.
Central Myrtle Beach Events
- 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach: Broadway at the Beach, a hub of shops, restaurants and attractions, is the hot spot to be on the Fourth for live concerts in Celebrity Square, family-friendly entertainment, strolling performers and their infamous fireworks show at 10 p.m. For more info, visit broadwayatthebeach.com.
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk Fireworks: Stroll along the nationally renowned Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and pick a spot on the walkways or on the sand for the fireworks that shoot off the pier at 10 p.m. If you get there early enough, you can take a prime seat at Pier 14 or Second Avenue Pier. For more info, visit myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
Surfside Beach & Garden City Beach Events
- July 4thBoat Parade & Fireworks, Murrells Inlet. This Inlet tradition is nationally renowned and a must-see. The annual July 4th Boat Parade will start floating at 3PM from Garden City Point to the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk and south along the docks toward Hot Fish Club. Take a seat anywhere on the Marshwalk or the seawall at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church and watch the decked out boats float by. Fireworks light up the sky over the Marshwalk at 10PM. For more info, visit marshwalk.com.
Where to Stay
Myrtle Beach Resorts
There are plenty of resorts and hotels in Myrtle Beach within walking distance to the 4th
of July excitement. Check out a complete list of those accommodations!
North Myrtle Beach Condos
North Myrtle Beach is home to a variety of beach homes, condos and family-friendly resorts. Find the perfect place to stay for your next North Myrtle Beach vacation!
A Salute to 4th of July Events in Myrtle Beach
July 4, 2021
July 4, 2021