Spend your Thanksgiving vacation in Myrtle Beach eating, playing and taking in all the fun along the Grand Strand. From world-class restaurants serving up gourmet feasts to 5K races near the beach, there’s something to do every day of the week. Plus, average temperatures are well into the 60s with plenty of sunshine – perfect for long strolls along the beach. Book your Thanksgiving getaway today and start your beach countdown!
Work up your appetite for Thanksgiving dinner by participating in one of two Turkey Trots with over 1,000 runners at each location. The 10K and 5K races are held through The Market Common or with a start and finish at the Surfside Pier just south of Myrtle Beach. Bring your little ones along for a free Tot Trot! Each race is held on Thanksgiving Day.
Why spend all day worrying about the turkey when you can visit one of dozens of local Myrtle Beach restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner? Here are several restaurants offering specials during the holiday. Be sure to call ahead as many of them fill up quickly. Many Myrtle Beach resorts also offer Thanksgiving packages and dinner at their on-site restaurants.
- Carolina Roadhouse: 4617 N. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, SC
- Hard Rock Cafe: 1322 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Hook & Barrel: 8014 N. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, SC
- New York Prime: 405 28th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach, SC
- RipTydz Oceanfront Grille: 1201 Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC
- Simply Southern Smokehouse: 1913 Mr. Joe White Ave., Myrtle Beach, SC
North Myrtle Beach
- California Dreaming: Surfside Beach & North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Greg Norman’s Australian Grille: 4930 US-17, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Preston’s Seafood and Country Buffet: 4530 US-17, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- House of Blues: 4640 Hwy 17 S., North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Gulfstream Café: 1536 S. Waccamaw Drive, Murrells Inlet, SC
- Wahoo’s Fish House: 3993 US-17 BUS., Murrells Inlet, SC
Once you’re ready to work off that dinner, gear up for some great Black Friday shopping around Myrtle Beach. Hot shopping areas on the Grand Strand include Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, two Tanger Outlet Shopping Centers, Coastal Grand Mall, and The Market Common. Each shopping center has special Black Friday hours and are the perfect places to stock up on gifts for everyone on your shopping list.
There’s more to Myrtle Beach than food and shopping during Thanksgiving weekend. Check out a holiday show at The Carolina Opry, Pirates Voyage Dinner Show, Legends in Concert or Alabama Theatre while you’re visiting. The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk welcomes families to their special holiday-themed events and Barefoot Landing will host a Holiday Golf Cart parade on the Saturday following Thanksgiving. Don’t miss the exciting Intracoastal Christmas Regatta held each year along the waterway in Little River and North Myrtle Beach on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.
Where to Stay
Find the perfect Myrtle Beach resort for your Thanksgiving break. Resorts up and down the Grand Strand offer Thanksgiving packages and specials that include free breakfast, turkey dinner on the holiday and much more.
North Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach is an amazing setting for a Thanksgiving getaway with your family. Host your Thanksgiving dinner in an expansive four-bedroom oceanfront condo and enjoy indoor water amenities and on-site fitness centers to work off your delicious meal!