Celebrating Thanksgiving in the Great Smoky Mountains is on your calendar and we’re here to make it even greater with lots of events and activities to fill up your fall days in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
A hint of the upcoming holiday season is in the crisp air in the Smokies and you’ll want to take your family to some of these spectacular happenings, shows, displays and shopping stops over Thanksgiving weekend to kickstart the most wonderful time of the year!
Don’t feel like cooking at your cabin? These unique area restaurants are known to serve a spread that will make your family holiday extra special:
- The Seasons of Ober & Loft Lounge: In this winter wonderland, they’re known to host a Thanksgiving buffet. Located at 1339 Ski Mountain Rd., Gatlinburg, TN, 37738.
- The Park Grill: Make reservations for their special Thanksgiving menu at this venue located close to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Location: 1110 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN, 37738.
- Ole Red Gatlinburg: From the boss, himself, Blake Shelton, Ole Red will be hosting Thanksgiving with a special Thanksgiving Day menu located at 511 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738.
- Calhoun’s: If you’re hankering for some true Tennessee barbecue over some tried-and-true turkey, try this local favorite located at 1004 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN, 37738.
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen: The Southern sweetheart is open for down-home Southern cooking on Thanksgiving Day, but reservations are filled fast. Located at 131 The Island Drive #8101, Pigeon Forge, TN, 37863.
- The Old Mill Restaurant: Another Southern food staple, ready to serve you and save you some time and cleanup. Located at 3341 Old Mill St., Pigeon Forge, TN, 37836.
- Mama’s Farmhouse: Take a seat at mama’s table for a hearty meal and their award-winning biscuits and banana pudding. Located at 208 Pickel St., Pigeon Forge, TN, 37862.
- Alamo Steakhouse: If you’d rather spare the turkey, slice into a juicy steak at this landmark steakhouse. Located at 3050 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN, 37863.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! And to complete your Thanksgiving out-and-abouts, you’ll need to find the perfect place to check in. Condo-World offers just that, in all sizes for your Thanksgiving crew, in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
Black Friday Shopping in the Smokies
For the die hard Christmas bargain shopper, there’s no need to give up your Black Friday shopping plans during stay in the Smokies; try these popular spots:
- The Island in Pigeon Forge: Shop more than 40 specialty stores outdoors, plus dining and entertainment stops located at 131 The Island Dr, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863.
- Tanger Outlets: Countless stores await for you to check off your family’s wish list at this outlet center located in nearby Sevierville.
- The Mountain Mall: You will absolutely find that unique gift found nowhere else here within the 36 shops located at 611 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738.
Events Over Thanksgiving Weekend
Gatlinburg Winter Magic Trolley Ride of Lights
November 6, 2021 through January 2, 2022
Explore downtown Gatlinburg aboard a cozy trolley as you “Ooo!” and “Ahhh!” past allof the spectacular LED light displays that represent holiday scenes, plus Smoky Mountain landmarks and wildlife. Returning from 2020, the Ride of Lights now features a costumed storyteller as your guide, a complimentary cup of hot cocoa, and a special gift to thank all for celebrating the season.
Pigeon Forge Driving Tour of Lights
November 10 through February 20, 2022
More than 5 million lights are shining down on Pigeon Forge this time of year, making for a pretty sight to see when you’re driving along the Pigeon Forge Parkway. You’ll definitely get into the holiday spirit.
Great Smoky Thanksgiving Arts & Crafts Show
November 23 through December 5, 2021
It’s time to start your Christmas shopping (and decorating) by picking up one of the unique handcrafted gifts at this annual show held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center. Choose from quilts, baskets, jewelry, hand-dipped candles, pottery, paintings and more.
Gatlinburg Festival of Trees
November 23 through November 28, 2021
W.L. Mills Conference Center
This 48th annual favorite benefits the Boys & Girls Club of the Smoky Mountains and will bring the warmth of the holiday season into your heart. Not only are there countless Christmas trees donned in the season’s finest, of course, but also wreaths, a gingerbread house competition, a children’s craft and play area, ongoing live entertainment, and photos with Santa Claus.
Snow Tubing at Ober Gatlinburg
If you’re ready have a go in the snow, take the family to this snow sports headquarters starting in mid-November for snow tubing, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and more. The ski area and amusement park is located at 1001 Parkway Suite. Learn more about Ober Gatlinburg.
Dollywood’s “Smoky Mountain Christmas”
November 6 through January 2
2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
This heartwarming Christmas tradition at Dollywood is guaranteed to become your family’s as well. Take in the millions of lights on display, shows and a winter wonderland with Dolly’s centerpiece 50-foot-tall Christmas tree.
Where to Stay
Pigeon Forge Cabins & Condo Rentals
Our one- through five-plus-bedroom condos in Pigeon Forge are the ideal setting for a backdrop of the majestic Smoky Mountains. Choose from such luxury amenity options as hot tubs, pools, game rooms and theatres.
Gatlinburg Cabins & Condo Rentals
With beautiful views of the sky-high Smokies and the charm and appeal of the Great Outdoors, you can only add to the splendor with any of our luxury Gatlinburg cabins that offer spacious layouts, the comforts of home, and perks like pools, hot tubs, game rooms and theatre rooms.